Monday, June 28, 2010

Stress Tip #15 Secret Hide Out


It was perfect! Just the right size and everything. All I had to do was crawl under a couple of bushes and there I was in the middle of a hideaway. See there were bushess all aoround these four trees. You couldn't see in unless you pushed back the branches. It was great. I would crawl into where the four trees were and there was enough room for me to stay on the ground or climb into branches. It was my favorite place in the world when I was little. ~ Sophie

#15 Quiet Time and Place


Remember when you were little and you would find a perfect hideout? A place that was hidden to everyone other than you(even though your parents knew where it was it felt like they didn't). Maybe it was a club that you and a friend or friends found, or a treehouse. Maybe it was amongst a bunch of trees that hid you from others, or down the ways at the beach near rocks where no one goes to because they don't know about it. These were all places we would run to just to get away from everyone, everything, or just because. Alot used it to get away from the stresses of thier parents, or of school.

Do you remember how it felt? How you could sit there in the tree and look at the sky, sit on that smoothly hidden rock and listen to the waves of the ocean, or sit in the wooden tree house where your world lived. Yet as soon as you stepped out of those worlds you were hit with the stresses of reality, So you tried to stay there as long as you could before being called away.

I had so many of those places growing up. I loved them. My favorite ones were the ones outdoors. I got to just imagine life how I liked it. It actually would calm me if I was upset. I remember thinking I could talk to the animals and I did so. I would see a bird in the tree near by and talk to them as if they were there to visit me. I was calm and relaxed. Nothing would worry me.

Everyone needs thier own special place that is only for them. It is quiet and lets them think, calm down, relax, and refresh. Just like closing your eyes for fifteen minutes, being alone in your own special hideaway can help rejuvinate you from everything. Lets you catch your breath and prepare yourself for everything that is going to come after. This place should be comfortable. Maybe it is a tree outside that you can sit down lean against, a certain room in the house, a rock in the fields that you can sit and listen to the birds and wind, a park where you can go and relax on the grass. Take time to read a book, write a letter or in a journal, close your eyes for a bit, or just watch the clouds as they roll by. Use this place to be free! Just like you did as a kid. Make up an imaginary place that you are in, sing songs to the imaginary trillyhills family of wallyhoops or whatever imaginary friends you made up.

Whatever you do, DON'T think of what you have to do the whole time! This will bring you down and it will feel as if you didn't rest at all. In fact, DON'T think like an adult at all. Think like a child and be free. Think of your favorite things and have fun doing those things (within reason). Maybe Decorate your secret spot (hanging pictures, painting the outside exterior, etc. Bring a snack and munch as you color or read a book. Just be a kid in that hideaway. Become Peter Pan, or Tinkerbell.

Secret spots can be in the open, like I said before, a park or the beach so don't go to crazy with being a kid lol. Yet DO focus on you. A friend of mine goes to the beach and she takes her notebook and writes about when she was a little girl. She says if she keeps it up she may have a book on her hands soon. I think it is wonderful and I would read it.

Today's Challenge: Go out find a secret hideaway.Your Secret Hideaway.Let me know about it. Comment below or email me. Tell me why you like that spot and what you do there. Then later go to your secret area and write about your favorite childhood memory. You may comment about that too if you like or email about it. Just have fun doing this today.

~Hugs Keyria~

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah ~Psalms 32:7

No comments:

Post a Comment