Monday, June 21, 2010

Stress Free Method #9 Music and Pets


I went out and was asking my friends.... What calms you from stress? Almost all of them mentioned these two things: Music and Pets. What a combination huh.

#9 Music and Pets

It is amazing how little things can affect big things. Just to turn on some soft music, or music you enjoy listening too can actually calm your nerves. When I put on music (I like a lot of kinds especially: Christian, Jazz, Classical, Oldies, Pop…ok ok this can go on for a while) it relaxes me. It is a meditation in itself. I like to also put on sounds of the ocean, I can close my eyes (remember to rest) and pretend I am there. This takes my mind off of the stress at hand. This lets me relax and clears my mind. That way I can take on the problem with a fresh new start.

Also, having a pet can actually lower your stress level. I have read so many things about how petting a animal can lower your stress level. This is great! (Especially if you are an animal lover and you are non-allergic). This also keeps you from going into extremes because you know you have to care for something. I met a person that once told me if they didn’t have any pets, they probably would have done suicide already. But they can’t stand the idea of leaving them with anyone.
Todays Challenge: Go put on some music grab your pet and dance lol. Ok maybe not in that order. Go put on music and relax to it or have fun with it. Take your pet and give them a good brushing, pet them to let them know they are loved.
~Hugs Keyria~

No comments:

Post a Comment