Saturday, June 19, 2010

Stress Free Method #7 They joy of a catnap


Ok so I am sure we all have been told this one before. In fact throughout our life we were told this one. From being a child and our parent saying "You'd better be asleep when I walk in that room" whether that was our nap time or bed time we knew our parents meant it. Then as we got older we would hear others all over saying how important sleep is. I remember being little and thinking how can you want to sleep there is soooo much to do. Yet as I grew up I found myself more and more exhausted and thinking if only I could have a break.... a nap. Just a small catnap.

#7 REST

We all need it. Sometimes all it is for us to stress is that our body is lacking sleep. Go take a nap for a little bit. If you are at a place that you can’t take a nap, then take a break and rest for a bit. Just closing your eyes for 15 minutes can help your body feel more relaxed. We need to try and get our full 7-8 hours of sleep in. If we can’t then our body will react on us and not always in a good way. We may have bags under our eyes or we may fall asleep in a very important meeting we were supposed to hear. Some may get headaches or can’t focus clearly. Rest is really important if you even think you need close your eyes then do. Your body is telling you it needs to rest.
“I work long hours at a very fast pace job. It is always rushing around, loud noises, and fast talking. As soon as my break hits I do the opposite. I put on a little music and I rest my head as if everything were slow around me. I don’t move I just stay still and let the music dance slowly in my head. This helps me to feel more relaxed when I go back to work after my break. I get to just slow down and feel a refreshed start again.”
Todays Challenge: Take a 15minute cat nap today. You may be surprised about the results of the rest of your day! Well I will see you tomorrow for another stress-free method.

~Hugs Keyria~

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" ~Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment