Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Phillip's Story conclusion

“Wow These look like the stressors!” Phillip said as he sat down next to his parents. Phillip felt overwhelmed after seeing all his stressors and decided to go ask for help to overcome the stressors and achieve his goals. He figured who best to ask other then his parents. He was sure they would have some great ideas and could help him not to feel so burdened with all his stress and he was right!

Look at what they came up with:

“I am sure there are more I need to write down but these are the main ones I can think of. Me and my parents sat down and found solutions to go along with my goals. This was to cut the stress out of the picture.”

Goals And Solutions

Catch- up work- I have three breaks at school, two breaks and a lunch. The two breaks I will be in the school library playing catch up. (lunch is with Dawn sigh) I will do catch up also 1 hour before bed time. (bed time no later than 11pm)

Balancing foot ball and games- This is going to be the same time as always from 3:30 to 5:30 during down play I will catch up on work

Hang time with friends- Parents and I discussed it supper is now going to be with friends unless I want to come home for supper. This is only allowed until I am fully caught up that this way I don’t have to worry about catching supper at home. How cool is that?

Hang time with Dawn -So from 5:30 to 7:00 it is hanging out with friends and Dawn. I am also having lunch with her at school. Once caught up I will be allowed to be out later and can take her on more dates.

Study Starts at 7pm sharp and I must study the subject that I will be testing on the next day. To make sure I am paying attention to studing my father is going to study it with me asking questions. This will make my studing not so boring lol.

Unpacking- Father is moving all my boxes into my room closet so all I have to do is unpack. Mother has decided that they are all going into the closet until school is over. Once school is over then I will be allowed to unpack. yay! No nagging to unpack (oh sorry mom) lol.

Phone calls and house warming: If it is a phone call I am allowed only 30 minutes to talk this is so I don’t get stressed from loosing time on catch-up. Later that time will go back to be unlimited (during the summer when there is no school more likely). As far as people coming over to the house I am allowed to talk for 15-30 minutes then I must excuse myself and go start on my school work. Mother said she is going to try and have less people over so I wont be distracted. She said she may even have them come over earlier before I get there.

Fatigue: Father has postpone my working at the factory until I am all caught up. I did like working at the factory but I am glad I am getting more sleep.

Regular homework from the day before- this is to be done right after study time with father and right before catch-up time.

Phillip started his new goals. At first he struggled cause he wanted to hang out more with friends and trying to get his mind to switch from goofing off to studing was a bit harder. But then things started to change. Dawn at lunch time would help him study for tests. His friends would quiz him on tests or they would all work on thier homework together during supper. His grades improved so much that his parents told him they would throw a pizza party for him and his friends. His energy came back and he was less fatigued. In fact he had a better attitude and didnt look at stress as something that could over come him. Instead he looked at it like it was a piece of dirt that could quickly be dusted away with one swipe. Before the school year was over he had time to start up the factory again and to unpack a small bit. He was not sick or sore anymore and was excited to find out he would NOT be going to homeschool.

Amazing enough is that when we look at our goals we notice that we try and get it done ourselves. We focus on the wrong things and never get it done. Phillip did something that I think we all should do. Not only did he make the list but he went to others for help. He got advice.

Phillip was talking to his friend Tommy one day when Tommy said something that made Phillip think. "Phillip you have parents that helped you out. What if your parents only biker and fight and they dont even want to deal with you and your problems?' Phillip was taken back by this. He did have parents that didn't fight and they loved him very much.

So what do you do when not everyone can use the same advice you did for overcoming stress to get a goal done? Each person is different in how they stress, why they stress, and what solutions should be taken to cure stress.

Tommy, was failing his classes just like Phillip. Only Tommy had other problems to follow. Tommy came from a broken family. He had a older sister and a yonger brother. He was always protecting his younger brother and his older sister was always picking on him. He would often hage himself and.......

Guess what my ink ran out lol so I have to finish this story tomorrow :) Come back then to see Tommys story.

(If you like what you are reading or maybe you have something you want me to add or write about send me an email. let me know what your thinking. I look forward to hearing from you)

~Hugs Keyria~


I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment