Monday, July 5, 2010

Stress Free Tip #21 Shopping!!!!


I hope you all had a fun 4th of July. I hope you didn't spend too much on the fireworks. On with today:

One of the best ways for us to feel good is through a simple activity. It is called Shopping.

Most if not all of us LOVE to shop. It is just something fun that we can do. Wether it be to the mall where we can check out clothes, to a toy store for fun and games, Candy Store or to a electronic store for the newest video game equipment it is fun to shop.


#21 Shopping

Now I know some guys out there would say they disagree, however if I said you get to shop anywhere you want then that would change. You see shopping for socks can be a bore, but for tickets to the next game or for fishing/hunting gear. Suddenly you see guys start to jump up.

Shopping is a good stress relief. It lets you get out your fustrations by buying something you want that may please you. However, you should be strict but have fun while shopping. What I mean is this: Be strict by putting a limit to how much you can spend. Look at your budget. If you have an extra 50 dollars only spend 20 that way you still have more for a later shopping spree, if you need it. Or if an emergency should arise you will be more prepared. Have fun as in go out to your favorite store and make a list of what you would love to have and then you can either save that 20 in a jar for those items or you can use that twenty for something else you want. You can even be silly and go buy kid toys.

They other day I was just having a really rotten day. The only bright side was at the end of the day I made 75 dollars in tips. I was going to go home and cool down since it was so hot and yucky when I thought no let me just go to the mall and walk around a bit. I went by my old favorite store that I used to go into as a kid. It had comic books, books, a few toys and odds and ends. I looked around at all the stuff I used to love as a kid. I ran across some water balloons for a dollar. Suddenly a thought came to mind. I picked up a couple of those water balloon packages and headed home. I filled up all the water balloons and stuck them into two buckets of water. I placed them at the corner of the house. I then took up three water balloons and took them out to the balcony. I then called a few of my friends over and said I wanted to take a dip in the pool and to see if they wanted to join me. A couple hours later we were all relaxing in our swimming gears when I said I needed to go get something. As they sat there they didnt know what hit them. I started a balloon fight. It was a blast. They found my stashes of water balloons downstairs and we just acted as if we were little kids again. It took the ease off of my whole day. - Micheal

I have been looking at this dress in this shop for over six months. I never bought it because I didn't have a need for it. One day I just had alot of stress being put on me. I was in the verge of tears. Anything that could go wrong did. I tried to fix it but it just got worse. Finally I gave up and was walking in the mall. When I saw the dress. I walked in and found my size. I tried it on and I just smiled. It was so pretty. I took it to the cashier and purchased my bueatiful dress I had been longing for. I quickly ran home put it on and wore it for the rest of the night. I felt so bueatiful in it that my troubles vanished. A few days later I rewore it and everyone complimented on it. It was wonderful. - Felicia

When me and my friends shop we tend to have fun. We love shops where you can sample things or try things out. I remember going to a toy store once and the workers there were having fun with the customers! It was funny they would challenge them to hula hoop, or jump rope games. Then they would give them a coupon for participating. The workers always looked like they were having fun as well as the customers. We love to find shops like candy stores (free candy) or stores with chairs, swings, and benches. This way if some get tired they can relax while the others shop. - Kirsten

Be wise with your money. Alot of people start to spend and then they spend it all, way to fast. They start to realize that they dont have the money for what they really needed. You really do need to look at your budget first and see what you do have that you can spare. I would not suggest spending more then 1/4th or less then that of what extra you have. If you have 100 to spare spend 20 if that.

People who tend to love money to much, tend to get into trouble.

A good way of learning how to be wise is to visit: saving-money-makes-cents.com. There you will find lots of tips on how to save money and to enjoy the simple things.

Challenge of today: I want you to look at your budget. See if you can spare 5 dollars, I want you then to take that 5 dollars and go by whatever you want. Maybe you like ice cream or are like me and love the dollar store. What ever it is you do have fun.

~Hugs Keyria~

Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle. Proverbs 23:5

No comments:

Post a Comment