Saturday, July 3, 2010

Stress Free Tip #20 To Bee Humble

I remember a time when there was this lady, who went to my church. She didn’t have much money but she gave all that she could. She never complained about anything. One day she went to go visit some friends of hers out of town. She would be back in a few days. The youth pastor was in care of her home. He knew everything that was in need of fixing and for those few days us youth came over and we fixed things.

Some of us cleaned the yard up, planting flowers in front of her house and mowing, raking leaves and getting rid of all the weeds. Some of us were painting her house a purplish pink light color. She had mentioned once that she would love to have her house painted that color but she was grateful for the house she had. Others had done some inside cleaning and fixing up. When we were through it looked like a new house.

The lady came back after her trip and she didn’t recognize her house. She stared at this house that was in front of her thinking this can’t be mine. But when the pastor showed up to drop off the key she realized for sure it was her own house. She asked him how it became like this at first he said he didn’t know and it must have been angels but she kept on asking so he explained that us kids needed to get some energy out. He said we were being too rowdy and he decided to calm us down. She laughed, yet had tears rolling down. She said this was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done.

Our Youth pastor said it was God who did it. God made sure all of us kids were free for those days to work on that house. Had it been a few days earlier or later a lot of the kids wouldn’t have been able to do it for many of reasons. That was the best time I had. The best part was she didn’t even know us kids.”


#20 Humble

Don't you love when you give a gift to someone to see thier smiling faces? It brings joy to your heart as well as theres. I love giving gifts. I remember there was a program called Secret Sisters and what we did was we would get a name and then send secret gifts to that person. They never knew who we were not until the end. The joy was to send something to them. For me that stuck with me. I would try and send secret gifts to others that I thought needed them as I grew up. Just the joy of knowing they are getting something they need filled me with happiness. I didn't have to be there to know thier smile. Sometimes I would hear about it later.

I once found this angel statue at a store. It was the only one and I knew exactly who I thought should have it. This lady from work is always smiling, always kind and she is an angel. It needed to be given to her. So I bought it, snuck into work early and placed it on her desk. Later that day I seen her crying. She came over to where I was and I asked if she was ok. She said "You will never believe this. My mother just passed away yesterday. I wasn't even going to leave the house today but when I walked into work and saw this bueatiful angel statue on my desk I felt better. I couldn't help but cry but a cry of calmness. Like I know she is ok. I know everything will be ok. You see my mother collected angels and the one on the desk is the last one she needed. So it just made me feel as if she where here still saying it will be ok. I dont know who placed the angel there but I really believe it was an angel themselves."

I love the smile of another person, it actually can make me smile. If you are stressed out and need a break go volunteer to help others somewhere. The smile on thier face can bring a smile on your face. Don’t do it to get credit but do it to actually help. If you do it to get credit for yourself then you can’t really understand the meaning of helping for all your focusing on is greed.
Todays Challenge: Do something for others and not so much for you. Here are a few ideas that you can do. Go to a person’s home that you know cant care for their yard very well. Ask if you can take care of it in return for some of the flowers they have growing, or do it for free. If you can get flowers take those flowers to the hospital and randomly give them to someone who is in pain. Become anonymous and give items to people that need them. Then come back and send me an email or commet below what you did or even how you felt.


Until Tomorrow...

~Hugs Keyria~

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you ~1 Peter 5:6

No comments:

Post a Comment