Thursday, July 29, 2010

Phew

What a week!!!

How did you do on your challenge? Were you able to save a few dollars? What about do a few things around the house? Were you able to complete a goal?

My friend had a goal of signing up for classes at a college and for applying to a job. That was his goal for this week. Two small achievable goals. He went and got the application but that was it. The rest of days he just worked and rested at home. I decided I would help him finish the goals.

So I told him I wanted to hang out this afternoon. From 2 to 6pm. I told him we had some errands to run and his reward would me treating him out to eat. Lol Men and thier stomachs :)That gave me time in the morning to do some of my own goals (taking meds, cleaning, and doing other chores).

He showed up around 2 and we went straight to the college. We went in and found out what classes he needed and which ones were open. We then proceeded to fill out the paper work and get a councelors signature and sign up for classes :)

I was excited to see that he was able to get into one of the classes he really wanted to be in. Especially since most classes were full right now. He did sign up for a class under waitlisted. I was happy to see that it was not waitlist full either.

From there I helped him fill out the application and then turned it into where the drop off was.

Surprisingly he treated me to a quick look around the zoo. (I love animals) and then I took him to go eat.

I just walked throught he door not to long ago and finished getting my laundry together for tomorrows goal.

It was really nice to have a friend to go do things with. I know he was happy. He told me that I completed him. He means that without me going with him he may not have gotten these goals done today. This worked for me, I needed a break from my goals and wanted to visit with a friend. We both had a good day and both achieved goals.

The reason why todays was more of a journal entry is because I want you to see that you can achieve goals and still have fun doing so. Goals do not have to be stressful.

My friend kept pushing them off which would cause them to be stressful come the deadline. Instead we took a day that normally we would have gone to the movies or just goofed off and used it to achieve goals... plus we squeezed in fun with food and going to the zoo.

We made the goals into a fun day!

Ok Now your turn. Write me and tell me what goals you finished this week...or made progress on. It doesnt have to be fully achieved even if you just moved and only unpacked one box that is an achievement in itself.

I will try and post pics of some of my goals that happened last week for you during this week
.
Cant wait to hear from you!!!

~Hugs Keyria~

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"~Phillipians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment