Monday, December 13, 2010

f ffi fifi fiinaaa I am to scared to say the word... FINALS ahhhhh!

Wow, where did the time go? Looks like my clock broke down for a long time. Finals are coming up, Christmas is coming up, and more. There is so much to do that we start to panic. Where did the time go?

What was the first step of de-stressing???? We start to panic... just remember BREATHE. Lets start with finals. If you can get into a study group. It does wonders but if you are like me and don't have a way then take the time to review your past notes. There is plenty of down time for this:

If you are a passenger in the car bring your notes.
If you are waiting for the kids at the school for pick up, bring your notes.
If you are in your car waiting for your partner to finish shopping in the store bring your notes/book. In fact, my friend and I went shopping and he took in his book (for his class) and pushed the cart and read as I shopped.
There is always a ten minute part of a day when you can read the book. Do not make excuses. Instead find time and use it.

I also learned that after I write the notes for class, I type them up. To make sure I am typing them up I send them off to friends to help them remember as well. My friends in return on days that I am sick cover for me by taking notes or if they see I left something out in my notes they send me an update. This helps me not only remember what I just wrote but it is like rehearing it and helps me to retain it better.

What really helps me learn is I try to make a study guide. I will make up questions from the notes and then have to answer them. Sometimes I will do flash cards. Yes this may seem a bit silly to others but if you really want to pass and you really are learning these methods can help. I will also put poems or songs to words or phrases that need to be remembered. We all remember some of those poems. Never Eat Sour Watermelon = North East South West. Or In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue.

The best thing I can tell you other then to study is come time of the test. RELAX. Take a deep breath and just relax. If you cant remember a question answer go to the next question and return to the one you cant remember later. Usually test will give away certain answers in some of their other questions. Not always but sometimes. Even still after you finish the other questions you have made time to clear your mind and when you go back you can normally remember. However if you still cannot remember, you have gone blank, do not stress!!!! The more you stress the harder it is for you to get through a test. Take another deep breath and try to remember your notes. Have patience. The more you rush the more you will forget. Patience gives you time to remember things, and it means to be calm.

Remember if you do not pass the test it is NOT the END OF THE WORLD. One of my friends didn't pass her test she was so upset about it. I told her to relax and just redo the class. She wasn't happy about it but she did follow my instructions. She came to me and said she was glad she did because she was able to not only pass but she said she caught on a lot more because she remembered stuff from the first time and then she was able to follow along with the other stuff she missed. She passed the class with flying colors and instead of getting the C she was hoping for on the first time when she got the D. She got a A on the second time and that looks so much better then a D let alone a C.

So remember life goes on and sometimes we have to redo courses to learn them better. That is the same with life sometimes we have to redo lessons in life to understand them better.

To learn about Christmas de-stressing... stay tuned to this blog and it will appear.

~Hugs Keyria~

No comments:

Post a Comment